Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all:

Any body knows the details of the EX alarm system. That is, does it have shock sensing, glass brakage, engine kill, hood open alarm....

The dealer I went to wants $595 to install and activate the factory standard alarm. Should I get it?

Thanks in advance,
LnL

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you have an LX and you're looking for the EX alaram system? Just want to clairfy... I'll recount what happended to me when I picked up my EX-L and was offered ANOTHER alarm system on top of the EX alarm...

Tthe saleperson and finance manager both tried to persuade me to buy an already-installed alarm 'that Honda fits to each vehicle when they ship it, and we can leave it on (for a fee) or take it off'. They initially asked for $595, then after I turned it down 3 times eventually they went down to $275. I still refused to buy it, as I consider the factory-installed alarm to be sufficient, and frankly I wasn't sure whether they were just going to charge me another $275 for that alarm, as opposed to this so-called special 'delivery' alarm.

Is there anybody else out there who can confirm/refute the existence of this 'special' alarm system?

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richard,

I bought an EX. I researched the Honda Web site and it just plain said alarm system and immobilizer theft deterent system; no other details. Sounds like you had experienced the same deal I got. Apparently it is installed in my van now but they want to take it out if I don't pay for it. (What a wacky deal)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts