Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 02 EX-L w/ Navi.. love that car..except the transmission and little rattle...

Well I am thinking of adding a RES (either the one from Honda / aftermarket) wondering if it will work w/ my Odyssey. Which one should I go for, I mean should I buy the one from Honda / go for aftermarket? I don't really want to upgrade the factory receiver...

Any help?

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z32:
Just bought a 02 EX-L w/ Navi.. love that car..except the transmission and little rattle...

Well I am thinking of adding a RES (either the one from Honda / aftermarket) wondering if it will work w/ my Odyssey. Which one should I go for, I mean should I buy the one from Honda / go for aftermarket? I don't really want to upgrade the factory receiver...

Any help?
</font>
Hi Z32. Congrats on your van. If by RES you mean rear entertainment system, it will work in the EXL navi. You can get the Honda I-ves which is designed expressly for the ody. You can check it out on line at handa.com. It's integrated with the dash and replaces the storage compartment. If you go with an aftermarket, most need to be put somewhere else like under a seat. Our Audiovox system has the VCP mounted, under the tray table which is ok. But in our '02 we'll be getting the I-ves to have the player more accessible. If by RES, you mean the factory DVD system, that will not work in the ody w/ nav as far as I know. Don't think there is room for it and there may be peripheral issues. You may want to read some old threads on this board for more info. There are lots of options for systems.
What do you think the rattle sound is from?

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 3odys4me:
Hi Z32. Congrats on your van. If by RES you mean rear entertainment system, it will work in the EXL navi. You can get the Honda I-ves which is designed expressly for the ody. You can check it out on line at handa.com. It's integrated with the dash and replaces the storage compartment. If you go with an aftermarket, most need to be put somewhere else like under a seat. Our Audiovox system has the VCP mounted, under the tray table which is ok. But in our '02 we'll be getting the I-ves to have the player more accessible. If by RES, you mean the factory DVD system, that will not work in the ody w/ nav as far as I know. Don't think there is room for it and there may be peripheral issues. You may want to read some old threads on this board for more info. There are lots of options for systems.
What do you think the rattle sound is from?

</font>
Forgot to ask the bigger question, what's wrong w/ the tranny???

·
Registered
157 Posts
Join the club!! Many of us have spent alot of time trying to get this answer especially when the 2002's first came out.

Lot's of discussion here on this same issue:

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000065.html

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First of all, thanx for all your replies. I will definitely do some research on the entertainment system (I prefer to have both a VCP and a DVD player)

Regards to the rattle, it comes from somewhere under the steeling wheel around teh firewall. Don't know where exactly. It sounds like some rubber wiring rubbing / metal stress of some kind. Nothing major, just a tiny sound which happens only when it's 'warm' outside.

BTW, Is there anyone here who has the factory NAVI and installed the entertainment system (factory or Audiovox)? My question for you is if you use the cars speaker system while u watch movies, does the navi work? I mean will it lowers the vol in the front just to give you the voice direction?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts