Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. The wife spilled iced tea all over the factory installed DVD player and now it doesn't work. Any advice on where to get a replacement instead of paying the dealership's ridiculous prices?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Does it still turn on, but just does not play discs(displays an error code)? You may be able to just pull it out and give it a good cleaning inside. I fixed my radio by opening it up and removing the dime inside it. The job only took about half an hour.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Several on ebay in case you cannot fix it yourself as the previous poster suggests.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get an error code, but unit itself does not light up, so I think it's toast. Any instructions on doing the replacement?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Get an error code, but unit itself does not light up, so I think it's toast. Any instructions on doing the replacement?
Well the way I would look at it, if you are going to toss this one then you couldn't hurt it anymore by poking around and trying to fix it. You might be surprised and it may work, but the easier thing would be to just replace it since you will have to fully remove it in either case.

Try this link for removing your DVD. I think it should be similar.
Removing Honda Odyssey CD Player | PaulTech Network

1 - 6 of 6 Posts