Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side fog light went out and i got replacement bulbd for them but i have no idea how to get to the fog lights to replace them. I checked in the 2002 owners manual but only found how to replace every light if the van but the fog lights. I dont know how to do it. Anyone know how to do it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you take off the belly pan under the engine you should be able to reach up and access the back of the housings to change the bulbs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know this response is too late to help Larry t but per Honda, go to the side that is burnt out and just pivot down the black plastic pan between said fog lamp and the front tire. To do so remove the bolt just in front of the front wheel on said side and the push clip to the inboard side of the fog lamp being replaced. With those both removed, pull down the black plastic pan. Then to remove the fog lamp assembly, look up at the fog lamp assembly through where you just pulled down the black plastic pan and you will notice a Phillip head screw flanking either side of the fog lamp assembly, remove both screws and then push the assembly out through the front of the bumper. Disconnect the wire harness, remove the rubber boot off the back of the assembly, pop the spring clip holding the lamp in place. Now with lamp in hand, carefully separate the lamp itself from the ceramic backer and replace with a new lamp (h1) making sure not to touch the lamp glass itself. Now just reverse the process. Successfully did both sides of my 2001 following this process...pretty easy and not too time consuming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts