Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! First time poster! :)

I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey that may need a new idle control valve.

Hoping to save some money and get a replacement from a scrapyard. I was there a few weeks ago to get a front blower and a rear wiper motor. These were retrieved from a 1999 Odyssey and a 2004 Odyssey.

I’m not sure if they have any 2002 Odyssey‘s in the yard, let alone the part.

The question, what years of Odysseys will accurately and successfully replace the idle control valve of a 2002 Odyssey. A 2003? A 2001?
Are they all the same in Odyssey’s or at what point does the part change and can no longer fit a 2002?

Thank you for your time, any suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Reactions: Cloudbubbles

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
But... Went to Honda auto parts website, did a search, and clicked “fitments” and from there was given the years/models that the part can be fitted to! Thank you :)
#2 valve set rotary air control...

you would be better off gambling with a junk yard part for a vehicle this old.
Try LKQ or Standard auto wreckers if you're in Ontario

location...from another post...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
#2 valve set rotary air control...

you would be better off gambling with a junk yard part for a vehicle this old.
Try LKQ or Standard auto wreckers if you're in Ontario

location...from another post...

View attachment 160245
Thanks! I went with standard auto to get a new front blower and rear wiper motor. Worked out very well... called them this afternoon regarding the idle control valve and it should be 20 or $30. Right now I’m assessing the problem and will proceed from there but the initial question was for that precise reason, if I go to the auto wreckers, what leeway do I have in vehicles to get the right part :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Here in Las Vegas pick a part place, there is always new odyssey coming in and they have dates of arrival. If you catch it early, you get your pick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts