Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L model purchased at end of 3/2002 already had door squeaks by the 2nd or 3rd month. Granted I drive in NYC but I have a 95 Isuzu Rodeo that doesn't even have squeaks. This van only has at most 2K miles and probably only 300 were spent city driving. Has anyone had similar problem? I had it readjusted by the dealer but noise is back after only about couple hundred miles. Mind, I'm one of those who take care of avoding pot holes however slight they may be so it hasn't suffered much abuse. Noise is really annoying. help!

Also, problem with drive side sliding door staying open...

·
Registered
11 Posts
door squeaks

I solved my door squeak with some talcum powder on the gaskets. This probaly won't last too long, but so far so good and it should be easy to redo periodicaly.

I located the problem by pushing on the closed door from the outside, found the problem to be at the top corners, both front and back of the door.

Adjustment might help, but the door opens, closes and seals fine and I do not want to mess this up.

Some on this board are using a silcone grease, but that sounds like a good mud maker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts