Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the final stages of putting a LX on order and have this question regarding the cassette player. Can the 6-CD changer work in conjunction with the factory cassette player? Can the cassette head unit handle the CD changer? Also, is there room to install the CD changer in the dash below the tape deck or do I have to install it under a seat?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I believe the answer is yes, the standard Radio/Cassette head unit in the LX is capable of controlling both the Honda in-dash CD changer (which WILL fit in the slot below the head unit), or the 6-disk CD changer that you can mount under the drivers seat. Check out this link for a picture:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyssey/ody6cd.jpg

As an EX owner, I almost would have rather had the radio/cassette head unit, then I could have added the in-dash CD changer and would be done...

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

[This message has been edited by pearsonrj (edited 11-12-2001).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Certek:
I’m in the final stages of putting a LX on order and have this question regarding the cassette player. Can the 6-CD changer work in conjunction with the factory cassette player? Can the cassette head unit handle the CD changer? Also, is there room to install the CD changer in the dash below the tape deck or do I have to install it under a seat? </font>
I can answer that as a resounding yes. I took develivery of my 02 SS LX last Saturday and had the 6 disk CD changer I ordered from Dalt's installed in the pocket space below the radio, it works like a dream. Not to pull this off topic but I ended up getting the changer installed for free because I didn't receive the security code with the radio. The dealer said that to get the code, he needed to remove the radio and get the serial # and I negotiated that if I had to go in there for that they should just install the changer for me. They did. The funny thing is it turns out that LX's (I don't know about EX's) don't have a coded radio, there IS no security code. But I was already there so they installed it anyway.

Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, it really helps. I called Dalt's this morning and the price I was given was $235 plus $40 for shipping. I know you did better than this. Do I have to talk to a particular person to get a better deal? Or they could of just raised their price. Who should I ask for?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckasper:
I can answer that as a resounding yes. I took develivery of my 02 SS LX last Saturday and had the 6 disk CD changer I ordered from Dalt's installed in the pocket space below the radio, it works like a dream. Not to pull this off topic but I ended up getting the changer installed for free because I didn't receive the security code with the radio. The dealer said that to get the code, he needed to remove the radio and get the serial # and I negotiated that if I had to go in there for that they should just install the changer for me. They did. The funny thing is it turns out that LX's (I don't know about EX's) don't have a coded radio, there IS no security code. But I was already there so they installed it anyway.

Chris

</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
That sounds about right. Remember those prices are in Canadian dollars. I don't know the exact exchange rate but it works out to be about $175 US including shipping (to San Diego).

Chris

·
Registered
194 Posts
Maybe you should wait - it seems our dollar is free falling, and every day you wait will save you $$$$US.

·
Registered
225 Posts
From their web site

2343 Eglinton Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M6E 2L6
Phone (416) 789-4101
Fax (416) 789-3427

[email protected]

That's where I get my Ody serviced. Its just down the road from where I work.

·
Super Moderator
13,706 Posts
That extraordinary Dalt's price was a short time only deal. If you do not get the same price visit the For Sale board and take a look at the 2002 Accord EX unit I have up for sale. :p

All the best.

cymmgarcia said:
Thanks. I just emailed them so we'll see what price they come back with.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Dalt's price was only for a limited number of units they ordered because Honda gave them a great price. I discussed this with Wayne, the parts manager, and when they sold out of the cheep units they would not be offering the low price.
Had to be lucky enough to get them while they were hot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts