Honda Odyssey Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tnuckels:
Yet more "official" confirmation of most of the improvements you folks have been talking about for the past few months from Automobile Magazine, September 2001 issue, pg. 53, [Honda] section:

"Meanwhile, the popular Odyssey minivan gets a thorough makeover with a 240-hp V-6 engine coupled to a five-speed automatic transmission. Other upgrades include rear disc brakes as standard equipment, standard side air bags, a factory installed DVD rear-seat entertainment system, and (at last) optional leather upholstery."

You have just GOT to love the Internet!
</font>
That's great news! Thanks for the find. Now if they would just release photos!

------------------
Future owner of a '02 Ody
Current owner of a '96 Grand Caravan & '98 Mazda 626

[This message has been edited by ChadK (edited 08-02-2001).]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Finally Honda has put up a press release about the 2002 on their site! Here is the ridiculously loooong link:

http://www.hondanews.com/Forms/corp/*ws4d-db-query-Show.ws4d?*ws4d-db-query-Show***001079***-wieck_media***-***corp(directory)***.ws4d?corp/results(r)_text.html

Confirms 240HP, 5 Speed, STANDARD Side Airbags on ALL models!, disc brakes, heated leather seats, DVD, larger rear speakers, etc etc, pretty much everything we have been discussing.

READ THE RELEASE and then try and figure out how much it is going to cost us!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks KGBTV for the link! WOW! The 2002's have everything I wanted and then some. I was happy with 210HP and 229 lb/ft of torque. But I'll take 240HP and 242 lb/ft anyday. They mentioned that HP peaks at 5500rpm and the torque at 4500rpm! I wonder what the mileage will be?

Now I want to trade in my '00 and get a new one...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed all of your posts. After reading this link I found a link to actual pictures of the 2002 Odyssey. We can't wait to get our hands on one...

http://www.hondanews.com/Forms/images/index.html?kw=Odyssey+currenthonda

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KGBTV:
Finally Honda has put up a press release about the 2002 on their site! Here is the ridiculously loooong link:

http://www.hon danews.com/Forms/corp/*ws4d-db-query-Show.ws4d?*ws4d-db-query-Show***001079***-wieck_media***-***corp(directory)***.ws4d?corp/results(r)_text.html

Confirms 240HP, 5 Speed, STANDARD Side Airbags on ALL models!, disc brakes, heated leather seats, DVD, larger rear speakers, etc etc, pretty much everything we have been discussing.

READ THE RELEASE and then try and figure out how much it is going to cost us!
</font>

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those that are putting their deposit down for a factory order of an '02 Odyssey, can you change your mind on taking it when it arrives? Do you lose your deposit?

The reason I ask is that all of the vehicles I have purchased in the past were purchased right off the lot so I haven't a clue how the factory ordering works.

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CdnHighwayman:
For those that are putting their deposit down for a factory order of an '02 Odyssey, can you change your mind on taking it when it arrives? Do you lose your deposit?

The reason I ask is that all of the vehicles I have purchased in the past were purchased right off the lot so I haven't a clue how the factory ordering works.
</font>
You should ask your sales about refundable deposit. I was on waiting list at two dealers for my 01. One dealer asked me to put $200 bucks refundable down just show a good faith.
The other dealer got my 01 in sooner then the one I put money down. I called the saleswoman, she refunded my deposit the same day.

Since Ody is in hot demand, you should not have any problem to get your deposit back. To play safe I will still ask first.

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats
leather steerling wheel cover, Pioneer 1655 speakers,
Lojack

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am a new member here. Thanks for all your thoughtful posts. I am on the waiting list for a '02 based on your comments about what would be new on the '02. It looks as all of your news was on-the-money.

On the Honda website are some 19 official pictures of the 2002 odyssey, including exterior, interior and schematic drawings. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

http://www.hondanews.com/Forms/images/index.html?kw=Odyssey+currenthonda

·
Registered
568 Posts
Does 2002 get better mileages too? Please please tell me new 240 HP get much worse mileage than 01.

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats
leather steerling wheel cover, Pioneer 1655 speakers,
Lojack

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here's an article from The Boston Sunday Globe's automotive section yesterday. Has only a hint/guess that price increase shouldn't be much.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/216/auto/Functional_favorite_comes_with_extras_galore+.shtml

I wonder how the '02 news affected the other car companies. How many "Oh sh*t"s were uttered? Maybe Honda is building up the suspense to drop the pricing bomb next - very minimal increase? Put the screws to 'em Honda! Soon enough we shall see...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Actually, per the specifications on the press site info, I noted that the EPA mileage for the 240 hp engine is the same as that for the 210 hp engine. So, 30 hp more and on regular fuel instead of premium (I recollect that the 210 hp figure assumes premium fuel). Honda has done a great job! Do you think I could find a dealer to trade me even for my '99? I didn't think so...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I've been lurking here a bit - what a great site! We're thinking of getting a '02 Ody - it will be our first mini-van.
The press release says the new plant opens in Nov - does that mean the '02 Ody's will start selling/shipping in Nov?
thanks!

------------------
-ajante-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question: I tried to do a post earlier but can't see it - sorry if this is a repeat.
Anyway, here's the question - the press release upthread said the new plant opens in Nov - does that mean the 2002 Ody's will start selling/shipping in Nov?
thanks!

ajante

·
Registered
478 Posts
The '02 Ody will be shipped prior to the new plant opening-I'm hearing sometime mid to late Sept. availability. The new plant will boost production capability of course as the year progresses.

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So the first one will come from Toronto then.
Thanks!
Another q - anyone seen any pictures of actual mini-vans in the new colors? I want to know what the Havasu Blue will look like and the tiny paint chip doesn't really help -I must be imagination-impaired.
Do other Honda cars come in these colors?
(never had a Honda before - right now we have a Toyota & a Subaru).

thanks!
ajante

161 - 175 of 175 Posts