Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my '02 since new. It has 225k on it. We've towed a pop up for years but just upgraded to a 19' hybrid trailer. I'm nervous about towing 2700lbs and the wind load. I haven't had any towing problems in the past.

I want to beef up the rear to coils to lift 1" and to handle the 210lbs tongue weight.
I've looked at ordering from the USA but the cheapest price I could find was $238USD. (I can get stock coils for $41 ea)
I live near the border and I have a PO box in Buffalo so I can order in Canada or US which ever is cheaper.

Can someone please share with me the OEM part number for the coils and a place in Southern Ontario or in the US where I can order custom coils and that gives a good price?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,318 Posts
Have you considered installing air bags? They would be more controllable than custom springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I have thought about air bags. They are cheaper for sure but I worry about if they fail on a trip. This is the link that I found for bags. [ Air Lift 60740 at AutoAnything Maybe I could get some feedback on people who have an opinion about bags vs. coils. I'd still like to know where to get inexpensive coils from.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We installed the air bags a few years ago. Been GREAT. Fixes the sag on the rear end. If you go this route be sure to run the lines seperately so you can inflate them individually. Absolutely NO problems with them. Under $100-ish if I remember correctly and easy install. Search around for install tips. I would definetely do this very effective option before even thinking about messing with coil springs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts