·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stojos honda:
IF YOU ARE INTERETED IN PURCHASING AN ODY E MAIL ME

SERIOUS INQUIERIES ONLY THANX ....

Stojos Honda
</font>

Can't move Odys in WI, eh? Do OdyClub members get a special deal? Shoot, be innovative and send OdyClub.com a referral fee for every sale we generate.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone notice that he didn't mention how close to MSRP he's willing to sell or how much overpriced junk that he wants to pack?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Anyone getting sick of these sales pitches that are starting to hit odyclub? How about if everyone here sends an e-mail inquiry whenever we see an advertisement posted. We could keep these people so busy answering 1,600 inquiries that they couldn't post more spam advertising.

[This message has been edited by Steve Pert (edited 01-25-2002).]

·
Registered
42 Posts
IF YOU ARE INTERETED IN PURCHASING AN ODY E MAIL ME

SERIOUS INQUIERIES ONLY THANX ....

Stojos Honda
</font>
If you were trying to sell something as expensive as an Odyssey, wouldn't you try to show some professionalism and sophistication by at least knowing how the word inquiries is spelled, and the word is "t-h-a-n-k-s". Last time I checked, there is no "X" in "thanks". Interested has an "S"

Further, do you like the extensive use of his shift key?

Moron.

-Erik

·
Registered
196 Posts
You guys are jumping to conclusions here. All he did was mention that he has several available. Someone in the market for a van should follow up. If he's a scam artist then let everyone know and before long he may have to sell shoes for a living. It might just work out in your favor. People are posting daily asking for information on where to find Odys. They just got a bonified response.

For what it's worth, one of our local Northwest Indiana dealers is advertising that he has 19 Odys available. There goes that high resale value.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
...For what it's worth, one of our local Northwest Indiana dealers is advertising that he has 19 Odys available. There goes that high resale value.

</font>
Supply and demand. 19 on one lot shows but a tiny piece of the puzzle.

There are many more used cars out there now, of all types, than there were last year.

A relative just bought a used luxury car last week for a price that would have been impossible a year ago. Lots of prices are down, for example gas here is about US$1.10/gal and it was about $1.60/gal this time last year.

The value of the Ody will continue to exceed the market. If used Ody prices are down, just think about how the other brands are doing. I heard a woman on the radio this week say that she lived in Detroit and she couldn't give away her used car, much less sell it.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You guys are jumping to conclusions here. All he did was mention that he has several available. Someone in the market for a van should follow up. If he's a scam artist then let everyone know and before long he may have to sell shoes for a living. It might just work out in your favor. People are posting daily asking for information on where to find Odys. They just got a bonified response.

For what it's worth, one of our local Northwest Indiana dealers is advertising that he has 19 Odys available. There goes that high resale value.
</font>
The dealer advertising 19 Odys available may not actually have 19 on his lot available for sale. Most dealers don't have even one for test drives. Clearly I don't know what he does or does not have, but that sounds a bit unrealistic. Taking deposits on Odys coming in on allocation over a future time period, more likely.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Pert:
The dealer advertising 19 Odys available may not actually have 19 on his lot available for sale. Most dealers don't have even one for test drives. Clearly I don't know what he does or does not have, but that sounds a bit unrealistic. Taking deposits on Odys coming in on allocation over a future time period, more likely. </font>
Excellent point!

Just did a quick online check of inventory dealers claim they have in NW Indiana (via the Honda website) and found one with 5, one with 3, and several with no new Odys in stock.

Maybe the 19 includes used, too...

Interesting side note: <a href="http://ednapleton.com/">Ed Napleton's River Oaks Honda</a> shows dealer invoice price as well as MSRP for their new car inventory.

Maugham<font color="#f7f7f7">

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 01-25-2002).]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good point. I didn't follow up on the claim. I just saw it yesterday in a newspaper flyer. This dealer does typically have one or two on the lot for test drives. I could very well be that they are banking on future allocations as well as used models in stock. This is the first time I've ever seen them advertise Odys in their news ads. If anyone wants to explore further the dealer is Harbor Honda, in Merriville Indiana. They don't have the best reputation going but I've never dealt with their sales department.

·
Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eslayter:
If you were trying to sell something as expensive as an Odyssey, wouldn't you try to show some professionalism and sophistication by at least knowing how the word inquiries is spelled, and the word is "t-h-a-n-k-s". Last time I checked, there is no "X" in "thanks". Interested has an "S"

Further, do you like the extensive use of his shift key?

Moron.

-Erik
</font>
Ditto.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Good point. I didn't follow up on the claim. I just saw it yesterday in a newspaper flyer. This dealer does typically have one or two on the lot for test drives. I could very well be that they are banking on future allocations as well as used models in stock. This is the first time I've ever seen them advertise Odys in their news ads. If anyone wants to explore further the dealer is Harbor Honda, in Merriville Indiana. They don't have the best reputation going but I've never dealt with their sales department.</font>

FWIW, Harbor Honda's <a href="http://www.harborhonda.com/f_new_inv-search-results.cgi?model=Odyssey&trim=&colext=All&max_price=&resnum=25">online inventory</a> shows three 2002s in stock.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't know what Erik is drinking lately. Give the guy a break. Calling the guy a moron is little bit out of hand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HI EVERYONE, IM SO BUSY ANSWERING E MAILS QUESTIONS FOM ALOT OF INTERESTED NICE PEOPLE. THEN IVE GOT E MAILS FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE BORED ,BORED BORED . DID I MENTION THEY WERE BORED , LISTEN I HAVE ODYS. IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING THEM I WILL THROW IN A PROTECTION PKG WHICH INCLUDES WHEEL LOCKS SPLASH GURDS AND THE CARGO TRAY , WITH EVERY ODY CLUB MEMBERSHIP PURCHASE HOWS THAT FOR TAKING CARE OF THE MEMBERS.... THANX AGAIN
Stojos honda

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
...THEN IVE GOT E MAILS FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE BORED ,BORED BORED . DID I MENTION THEY WERE BORED...Stojos honda</font>
Why is it salespeople can't find their caps lock keys a second time, to turn them off?

Honda.com lists no dealers in the town of Cudahy, WI.

Pursuant to Fercho's post, the dealer closest to Cudahy, WI., (Schlossman's in Greenfield, WI), has only one 2002 listed in their online inventory.

The next closest dealer, David Hobbs Honda (in Glendale, WI) lists five 2002s in their inventory.

Has anyone bought from this dealer ostensibly in Cudahy, WI?

I wish dealers would post their ads over in the Buy/Sell section.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
I wish dealers would post their ads over in the Buy/Sell section.</font>
Actually, the owner of this site does not like dealers placing ads at all. Especially if they don't list a price. You can throw in "free" goodies all day at $1000 over MSRP.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
Actually, the owner of this site does not like dealers placing ads at all. Especially if they don't list a price. You can throw in "free" goodies all day at $1000 over MSRP.

</font>
Jim, I took your previous response (in this thread) to this guy as a tacit acceptance of his ad.

I'd rather not see the ads unless the dealers pay for them and they appear in a special section.

Regards,

Maugham

1 - 20 of 22 Posts