Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Part #31170-P8F-A02 was revised to #31170-P8F-A03. Can anyone tell me of what improvement was made to this tensioner? I am asking because I bought the ***A03, but was sent the ***A02. I did install the part. Because the original needed to be replaced. The website is offering me the price difference. Not sure what the difference is at this point? The price I bought it for, is far below anywhere else on the net.

Thanks, Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi,

Part #31170-P8F-A02 was revised to #31170-P8F-A03. Can anyone tell me of what improvement was made to this tensioner? I am asking because I bought the ***A03, but was sent the ***A02. I did install the part. Because the original needed to be replaced. The website is offering me the price difference. Not sure what the difference is at this point? The price I bought it for, is far below anywhere else on the net.

Thanks, Brian
One point, before going into the substance of your question: According to what shows at Majestic, you have the supersession order reversed.

This is what they show.
  • SKU: 31170-P8F-A02
  • Other Names: Tensioner Auto
  • Condition: New
  • Replaces: 31170-P8F-A03
This corrected info may moot your question and alleviate your concern.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ted,

You're absolutely correct! I guess my dyslexia is getting the best of me!

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
604 Posts
You're welcome, but..............

If someone who is not a brick and mortar Honda/Acura dealer is selling "genuine" parts for a lot less than anyone else, warning bells should go off. It could be old enough that HoA has liquidated old stock that wasn't selling because nobody is paying dealer prices when aftermarket goes for between $15 and $50. But it could be the stuff that Rock is selling for $15.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome, but..............

If someone who is not a brick and mortar Honda/Acura dealer is selling "genuine" parts for a lot less than anyone else, warning bells should go off. It could be old enough that HoA has liquidated old stock that wasn't selling because nobody is paying dealer prices when aftermarket goes for between $15 and $50. But it could be the stuff that Rock is selling for $15.
It was from Megazip.com

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
For an external, accessible part like that, I'd likely go for the $40 Gates or Dayco from Rock. Pretty sure I did exactly that when I ordered the Aisin TB & WP kit and also did the serpentine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts