Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2002 Odyssey EX and the remotes no longer unlock the doors. The batteries are good so I am guessing the remote sensor in the van needs replaced. Saw some posts that said under glove box. Removed it and looked, but not there? Any ideas if this is the right thing to look at? Fuse for remote locks is fine and working. Little red light on dash no longer blinks.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Have you tested if all the door locks works from the inside with the door switches? If the driver door lock does not work, it could be the door lock actuator motor is bad or the multiplex burn out/shorted - common thing. Located by the passenger kick panel below glove by door.

The receiver unit is behind the glove box-small square box connected to a harness. There is a series of test you can perform to make sure its bad. However, its a rare thing for this van. Unlike the older camry that has a known receiver issue.

Have you tried using your other fob?

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
Little red light on dash no longer blinks.
Do you mean the red security system light located in the lower right of the tach cluster?

Does the security system light blink if you lock the doors with the key?

The security system won't arm and the doors won't lock with the remote if the system senses that a door is not fully closed. Mentioning that to widen the research beyond this being a simple remote receiver failure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. Ours has a light up by the dashboard. It does not light up anymore when car is locked. The doors are standard for the EX so no remote opener. Just the door locks seem to Not work. Panic button no good either. Checked batter in remote. It was good. But they are OLD.

·
Registered
928 Posts
The EX has power sliding doors. The remotes on both my '99 EX and '02 EXL have 4 buttons. 2 to lock/unlock the doors and 2 buttons for the sliding doors.
As Dave says, if the LED on the dashboard does not light up, the system sees one of the doors as still open and the alarm will not arm. As Dave says, doors won't lock with the remote either. Just like if I have my key in the ignition, I cannot manually lock the open door to keep me from locking the car with the key inside.

On my '99 I had a problem with one of the center rollers. Sometimes while driving the door open light would come on while driving. Occasionally it would cause the interior lights to come on and drain the battery overnight. As a temporary fix we kept the interior lights switched off. Once I fixed the roller assembly, problem went away an I could switch the lights back to auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts