Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day. My 2002 Odyssey with 172K miles has been most reliable. Having intermittent problem for last three weeks. When I start the van, it cranks vigorously but does not fire. So I turn off the ignition and when I turn key again, it immediately fires and runs perfectly thereafter. There are no misfires or hesitation once it starts. Van runs absolutely smoothly with no loss of power. This lack of firing has been happening only intermittently and infrequently. Most of the time it starts just fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
842 Posts
How long do you let it crank on the first attempt? One possibility is a leaking fuel injector that lets pressure drop while off. Cranking builds the pressure back up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply. i crank it about 10-15 seconds max. Today I had to do it twice. started on third try. if fuel injector is leaking, would there be any symptoms during normal driving that I can look out for? Van drives perfectly once it fires.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
if you jiggle or touch the key while its running does the engine shut off?

there were issues with flaky ignition switches, that exhibited hard start issues or random shut offs worse case.

other area to look is the main relay, also try starting it in neutral.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts