Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am a newbee here and was hoping to get some help... My wife owns a 2002 Odyssey EX and she just loves it! However, I wanted to upgrade/install a Rear Entertainment System (RES) in my wife's van (not the VES system). I purchased a used RES from eBay (Radio, DVD and Overhead Display - 2002 OEM parts). This morning I took the old radio and cup holder out of the dash and installed the other radio. All went well until I started to install the DVD. I cannot find the wiring harness plug for the DVD to plug it into the DVD player. Am I missing something here?

Does anyone know if there a seperate and distinct wire harness needed for the RES? If there is, does anyone have the part number? Does the wire harness include the wire going up to the overhead display monitor on the headliner? What other problems / suprises can I anticipate?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
As you figured out, the factory DVD RES system does have several wiring harnesses that are not included in the LX or EX models. Same for the NAV wiring harnesses, they are not included in models without the NAV option.

Your best bet is finding the harness in a junkyard, too expensive to buy from dealer. In fact, you probably should have just gone aftermarket the whole way and saved a bunch of money! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts