Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from College Hills Honda.
One more week but I bet the basic EX without leather and RES will be about 27,200-27,500 with destination after reading this. Good deal.

2002 Odyssey Release Date

Scheduled release date for the 2002 Odyssey is on 8/24. Pricing and content of the updated van will be
available on this date. Honda Motor Company has stated that pricing will be "VERY" competitive when
comparing with other products.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with your base price. To estimate a final MSRP price of the EXL-RES I tried to figure how much factory leather added to the price of the 02 Accord EX sedan, but it's hard to tell. I settled on $1000. For the RES system I added Trevor's listed price for the 2001 IVES - about $1500. With a little modification that gave me an estimated final price of an '02 EXL-RES of about $30,500. Does that sound about right?

------------------
OkieOdy
---------------------
02 RP EXL-RES On order
96 Accord
02 Odyssoon
---------------------

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just heard from my salesman at Burne Honda. He said he just came back from a Honda conference and told me that honda did not guarantee that there will be a DVD available for the 2002 Odyssey.

He said it might be available but honda only guaranteed the Disc brakes, 240 hp 5 speed AT and the cup holders.

That is the latest I have heard.

Steven

·
Registered
329 Posts
That doesn't make sense. Why would Honda say that DVD is available (a highly anticipated option) and then not guarantee it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It will be good to have some info about MSRP, but it will be more important to know what the vans are actually going to sell for.

What are people's guesses about that? We have seen that demand really drives the price, not the MSRP (i.e., price is above MSRP in high demand areas like Atlanta, and below in low demand areas like KY). Does anyone have any insights as to what the supply and demand for the new vans will be like, particularly when the Alabama plant gets cranked up?

I can't wait to get my 02 Ody, but personlly i am going to wait a few months to see what the market is like, hoping that prices will come down because of increased supply.

What do others think?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I suspect the significant changes to the Ody for model year '02 will cause an increase in demand and the the real-world price, at least briefly. Perhaps nothing too dramatic, but a few more dealer games or add-ons (or less willingness to budge from MSRP) for a month or two.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think prices will not come down until next year....Spring 2002. Even with the new facility cranking out more ODYSSEYS, Honda will still fall short of demand for these cars. I have a 2001 Odyssey with 20K miles on it. I've got a order for a 2002 GG EXL due in 7 weeks. Dealer offered $23,600 for it. $3,000 depreciation for a 1 year old van with 20K miles on it. I think it is a good deal. What do you you think???

The deal breaker is going to the increased cost to be released on 8/24.
My prediction will be $28,500 for an EXL.

The rear seat I was told will be vinyl (Leather-Like) due to its flip-down capacity.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My guess about demand/street pricing is that they'll remain about where they are now (relative to MSRP) until the first of the year (I think that's when the new plant comes online with significant output). I read somewhere that Honda plans to double its production of Odysses in 02 over 01. So, I'm guessing that we'll see lots more dealers selling them for MSRP or a few hundred dollars below. I wouldn't hold my breath for much lower than that. The van is just 'that good' AND priced very competitively.

·
Registered
205 Posts
3rd row vinyl? Now that doesnt really make me happy OR make much sense. Many cars have leather and fold down seats. Now maybe they meant vinyl trim and skirting which most American cars with leather already have. If vinyl is the case-then that will be the first mod I do on our '02 EXL-recover the vinyl with leather.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised about the vinyl. 2001 GM pickups w/ extended cabs have leather front seats with the vinyl rear flip seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts