Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 with ~ 115,000 on tranny #2 - this one had the cooling jet and the PCM upgrades when it was put in. Got a P0740 code the other day - fluid looks and smells perfect, trans shifts fine, no slipping, all seems normal.

Any causes for the P0740 BESIDES replacing the transmission ?

I don't want the stealership to just give me the old "It needs a transmission" story.

Thanks..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well I figure reply then start a new thread.

Pretty much the same thing here and I too think it could be a number a things...not just a tranny going south.

I have a 2002 EX with the TSB cooling jet installed around 16K. The van is at 90K and about 1.5 years ago at 77K I installed a tranny cooler and magfine filter. The tranny fluid was about 90% replaced back then too and today it's at good levels, nice and red, and doesn't smell.

My symptoms (happened suddenly and it has been cool lately (highs in 60's)) is that when in drive heading down the hwy once in awhile it will come out of drive (like I dropped it into neutral), tac jumps up until I let off the gas and then the van gets back into gear. It just started today and it took about 8 miles of this behavior for the check engine light to finally come on. Also, when the check engine light came on the TCS light came on too, but not sure if that was due to a sudden change is speed when it would suddenly come out of gear.

Happened to see an autozone so I pulled in and the code checker pulled P0740 with details:

Definition: TCC doesn't engage.
1. Open or short circuit
2. Poor electrical connection
3. Failed TCC system.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks,
Roy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts