Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the passenger window regulator/motor unit and caused a bug. (I think I broke somethng when I accidentally plugged the passenger seat heater connector into the power window harness.) The passenger switch both opens and closes the window (great!). However, the driver's switch will only lower the passenger window; it won't close it (d'oh!). I think I have a loose connection or broken wire on the passenger side, but I'd like to look at a schematic. I've replaced both driver and passenger switches to no avail.

I've tried a multi-meter on the various connections, but I'm not quite bright enough to reverse engineer it on my own. Does anyone have an electronic copy of the schematics of the power window system?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know this is a fairly old thread but was the problem ever corrected? I made the same mistake when putting my passenger door back together and as a result the window only has full function with the passenger switch, drivers switch can only raise the passenger window. I've also lost the seat heaters.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Check these fuses:

Passenger's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box - Fuse #15 (7.5A) for the Power Window Control

Under-Hood Fuse/Relay Box - Fuse #78 Seat Heaters and # 79 for the Power Window Control

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Resetting the Power Window Control Unit POWERWINDOW MASTER '03-04 models

Resetting the power window control unit is required after performing the following procedures

• Disconnecting the battery.
• Removing the No. 79 (20A) fuse in the under-hood subfuse box.
• Disconnecting the 18P connector from the power window control unit.
• Removing the window regulator, glass or glass run channel.
• Disconnecting the driver’s door wire harness.
1. Turn the ignition switch off, then back ON (II).
2. Move the driver’s window all the way down by holding the driver’s switch to the AUTO DOWN position; when the
window reaches the bottom, hold the driver’s window switch in the AUTO DOWN position for 2 seconds.
3. Move the driver’s window all the way up without stopping by holding the driver’s switch to the AUTO UP position;
when the window reaches the top, hold the driver’s window switch in the AUTO UP position for 2 seconds.
If the window does not work in AUTO, reset the power window control unit according to the above procedures again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just tried it, no change. It's actually been this way for the better part of a year, I've just gotten used to reaching across to the passenger side switch to lower the window. I'd like to find the problem but I'm out of ideas. Anyone know if it would be possible to somehow connect the drivers AUTO down feature to the passenger side window so they both roll down together with one touch?

·
Registered
34 Posts
schematics

Can someone who might have the power windows schematics, post the link again, the ones above are bad links.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Unfortunately in the 03 &04 models these functions are controlled by the multiplex control units talking to each other, not physical wiring. The diagrams can be found in the OEM service manual. By misplugging the connector one or more of the driver circuits is probably bad.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
There are a few differences on the 02 but most is the same. Up and Down signal frpm the driver side comes through the passenger multiplex control unit while the passenger door switch controls the motor directly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I replaced the passenger window/motor/regulator, but drivers side master control for the passenger side will make the window go up only, no down(the relay in the passenger switch will click for up, but no click noise when the down is pressed). The passenger control will not do anything, no up or down( no clicking from the relay). So I opened up the passenger side window control switch and looked inside of the relay there are 3 diodes inside, the one to the far right one has the insulation completly gone, middle is fine, the left one the insulation has partial broken off exposing the inside of the diode as well, could those two diodes be bad? Guess I need to test them and replaced, any more ideas you might have? Thanks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I posted debug and pinout data a few weeks back, for both front windows.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've been experiencing the same problem as amber00dak.
The passenger window operates fine from the passenger door but does not operate from the drivers door.
Tried the reset multiple times with no luck. Tried a different drivers side switch panel with no luck. Fuses appear to be OK. Also recently noticed that the rear windows don't open but I haven't begun to explore if that's related.

'04 Ody Leather/RES

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
No. There is a drivers mpx unit on the drivers side and a passenger mpx unit on the passenger side. The switch assembleys are in the doors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It was mentioned that the passenger side directly controls the windows motor / regulator, independently from each other. So if thats the case, during the repair process do we fix each side as if has its separate problem or as a whole problem.? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
problem

for those of you who got the problem fixed, do you know what was done or replaced? or still having the same problem.?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
When you plugged the seat heater cable into the door cable it supplied essentially a short from pin 5 of the passenger mpx unit through the seat heater to ground. The MPX line is designed with only current to pick a relay coil, not supply the heating element of the seat. My guess is when you tried lowering the window with it plugged wrong it blew the down driver circuit in the MPX unit. You will either have to replace the mpx unit or repair it..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts