Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh, I did forget to mention, "from an economic prospective, is the part repairable, keeping in mind a replacement is $127?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just replaced the passenger MPX unit and that fixed the problem!!! Got it at a junk yard for $50. Just to recap .. passenger window would not roll down from driver switch after plugging new passenger window regulator into wrong female connection in door. Replaced passenger switch and driver master switch with no change. Replaced Passenger MPX unit and window now works all around. Seat heater still doesn't work though. Any suggestions there?

After replacing the MPX unit I opened up the old one and it is nothing more than a circuit board. No way to repair it. Nothing looked fried either.

If you get a MPX unit from a junk yard do not use the fuse box from the junked car unless it exactly matches your year and options (I bought a 1999 fusebox/MPX and used it in a 2003). The junk yard only sells the fuse box and MPX unit together, so I installed both in my Odyssey initially only to find out that the window worked fine but the sliding doors, door locks, and a few other things didn't work. So I took the fuse box out, removed the MPX, installed it in my fuse box and used that and everything works fine (except heated seats which didn't work before).

·
Registered
1 Posts
One diode is broken on ours too. What size did you replace it with? It was hard to tell what the numbers are. I got an asst. pack from Radio shack , but I am not sure which one to replace it with. Help!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Add me to the list of those who blew the passenger multiplex unit after replacing the window motor/regulator. Before putting the interior door panel back on I wanted to test the new regulator and erroneously connected the switch to the heated seat harness (as mentioned both are the same harness with the exception the heated seat is blue vs gray). In my case the passenger window switch also blew out (diodes cracked). After replacing that I could roll the window up/down from the passenger side, but could only roll up from the drivers side master switch (couldn't roll down). Stumbled on this thread and went and pulled the passenger side multiplex unit from the junkyard ($5). Fixed my issue. Thanks to those who posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
teeitup,
Where did you find your $5 passenger side multiplex unit? Did the wrong connection blow out the window motor regulator as well as the window switch?

·
Registered
11 Posts
GLP,

Did you ever replace the passenger multiplex unit in your '03 Ody EXL? If so, where did you find one? Salvage? I am in San Diego as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
teeitup,
Where did you find your $5 passenger side multiplex unit? Did the wrong connection blow out the window motor regulator as well as the window switch?
Had to pull it out of van at the wrecking yard but he only charged me $5 which was the price of a window relay. The passenger side switch also blew and that was around $20 at the same wrecking yard.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts