Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been really enjoying the postings and latest links for news on the 2002's.
I've got a red one on order. I'll keep you posted as to when it actually comes in.
Thanks for the links and shared experiences with the 3rd party floor mats and accessories. I'll be getting some goodies once it's in.

------------------
Steve

2002 Red Ody EX on order.

P

·
0 Posts
Hey, sounds almost exactly like what we've ordered! We're first on the list for a RP EXL-RES. Neeto!

Michelle

------------------
2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!), '95 Civic Teal DX Coupe, '87 Blue Civic Sedan, '90 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable, '86 Silver Toyota LE Van

·
Registered
478 Posts
If the blue was available this fall, I would consider it instead of red. I would really like to see it on the van first rather than a swatch on a brochure though...
Who will be the first here on OC with a red one I wonder?

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!

P

·
0 Posts
I was wondering that TOO!!!

I think a lot of people are going for the red because it's a new color, and I know in our case, my step dad wants to be the first kid on the block with the new color! (lol-no one else in our neighborhood even has an Ody!). But we were kind of stuck between RP and TW, but some of my step dad's tennis students told him that white was an old fart color, so that pretty much made up is mind for him. I guess he didn't want to show up for work looking old! And you're right, if the HB was available soon, more people would be looking into it.

I'm just hoping that I won't get pulled over in the RED Ody! I have quite a leadfoot and me and that five speed are going to have fun together.

Michelle

------------------
2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!), '95 Civic Teal DX Coupe, '87 Blue Civic Sedan, '90 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable, '86 Silver Toyota LE Van

·
Registered
478 Posts
Taffeta white is an "old fart" color?

That's the color of my '98 Accord! Ohhh nooo...LOL
If you saw my Accord, it looks like anything BUT an "old fart" car! By the way, the color of the van is not what will get you pulled over, Michelle-it's the 240 HP under your right foot

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
Taffeta white is an "old fart" color?

That's the color of my '98 Accord! Ohhh nooo...LOL
If you saw my Accord, it looks like anything BUT an "old fart" car! By the way, the color of the van is not what will get you pulled over, Michelle-it's the 240 HP under your right foot

</font>
White may be an old fart color but it's still very high on my list. I tend to gravitate to lighter colors for two simple reasons.

1 - They tend to be easier to keep clean. That doesn't apply all the time but I think it does more often than not. Dark colors, be they red, blue, green, you name it, tend to be almost as bad, if not "as" bad, as black. I like black (The Ody in black and properly polished out would be gorgeous!) but it's WAY too much trouble to keep clean.

2 - If you live in a warmer climate like I do, lighter colors, particularly white, stay a bit cooler.

JMOOC

Drive Safe,
Steve

[This message has been edited by Intrepid175 (edited 08-13-2001).]

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah, I like white, but my wife thinks it's too "boring"! Can't wait to see the Ody in red IN PERSON (especially if it's mine)!

·
Registered
127 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
Yeah, I like white, but my wife thinks it's too "boring"! Can't wait to see the Ody in red IN PERSON (especially if it's mine)! </font>
We settled on the Starlight Silver because it seemed to be a good trade between appearance and practicality-the silver was more attractive than the white (to us, anyway), and it certainly reflects UV/IR heat much better than the darker colors-a VERY important attribute here in SoCal, which is essentially a reclaimed desert.

------------------
2001 EX
iVES
Infinity 652s/452s/105ts
Honda Wood Dash
Wheel Locks
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat
Cargo Cover
Roof Rails
Cassette Player
Heartland console

Coming up: Foglights,CD Changer,Glove Box Light

P

·
0 Posts
am I out of the loop or what...

White was what we were going to get had we taken an '01!

And I do agree that lighter colors are easier to keep clean. We've only got greys and blues/teals around here, so no whites to compare to. But our silver van hardly shows any dirt.

Michelle
(finally got my signature workin'!)

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts