Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the 2002 RES but not so wild of having to get the leather option. Is the 2002 RES available in aftermarket? When is it available? How much? And where can I get one?

MMCD

·
Registered
211 Posts
Me Too!

I would like to find a system that integrates well with the Odyssey, although I wouldn't mind if it was a different brand than Honda. Anyone know if Honda will offer an DVD Video system as an accessory?

Chris

·
Registered
564 Posts
I was just assured again today that my dealer has already put a factory RES into a 2002 for an EXL-Nav customer. Fully integrated just like the factory unit. They charge about $2200.

- d

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 V70 T5 - White w/ graphite leather

·
Registered
157 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
I was just assured again today that my dealer has already put a factory RES into a 2002 for an EXL-Nav customer. Fully integrated just like the factory unit. They charge about $2200.

- d

</font>
Can you post or e-mail me the phone number of the service department that did this (also Service Mgr's name)? I'd like for the service manager of my dealership to talk with them on how they did it. Covered under Honda warranty? Special harness mods? I had virtually given up on this option

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I was just assured again today that my dealer has already put a factory RES into a 2002 for an EXL-Nav customer. Fully integrated just like the factory unit.</font>
If I were you, I'd insist on seeing it with my own two eyes.

Chances are, he's saying the words RES but what he means is i-VES or something similar.

The Honda RES is integrated into a special head unit that won't go into a NAV equipped car. There's nowhere for him to integrate the RES into.

Here's one: ask him if the rear seat occupants have full control of all functions, including choosing the separate rear source material, from the control panel attached to the monitor.

And ask him if the remote control came with a plastic holder that clips inside the rear seat pocket.

Ask him how many wired headphone jacks are in the back (3). Ask him if they each have their own volume controls (yes). Ask him if the AUX audio/video input jacks are next to the wired headphone jacks (yes). Ask him where the wired headphone jacks are (under the flip top by the magic seat on the driver's side).

Ask him what happens to the rear speakers when you engage the rear system (they automatically turn off). Ask him how to turn the rear speakers back on, regardless of what the rear source is (push and hold the REAR PWR button on the RES head unit).

Ask him if the rear speakers can play a different source than the front speakers can (no--the speakers are all tied together such that they all play the same source).

Fully integrated, huh?

I think you're getting a load of crap, myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts