Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our 2002 Odyssey a few days back. While driving I notice that there is some roughness that I can feel at the throttle pedal especially during initial pickup and while accelerating. Is this common ? Will this smooth out after the initial break-in period ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I haven't noticed this problem with my 2002 Ody. I'll pay attention the next time I drive it and let you know.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by austinOdy:
We picked up our 2002 Odyssey a few days back. While driving I notice that there is some roughness that I can feel at the throttle pedal especially during initial pickup and while accelerating. Is this common ? Will this smooth out after the initial break-in period ?

Thanks in advance.

</font>

·
Registered
3 Posts
austin,
I received my new 02 EX-L in December. I have noticed that around 40-45mph, I can feel a little tension in the foot pedal then a sudden release. I have been trying to watch the RPMs to see if they drop all of sudden, like a gear change. (hard to do w/ kids in the back and trying to keep from meeting someone's back-end). But i do believe this may be normal. Also, I haven't driven a front wheel drive in 15 years, so this may be one on those "front wheel kinda of feelings" I am going in for my first service in a couple of weeks and I plan to mention this to servie dept(just to make me feel better. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
215 Posts
This may be way off base, but the "roughness" at take off may be the traction control working. If you are accelerating hard on a slippery surface or at an intersection where there's loose sand or gravel. This can also occur on wet days, esp where "plastic" crossbars are painted.
Next time it happens-check if the TCS light comes on momentarily.

Just a thought.
AL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all thos replies.

I don't think it is due to traction coming
on, since I have not driven in wet weather as yet.
Currently my van has about 200 miles. It seems to feel better. I think it might be due the new engine. The engine seems to be settling and starting to feel smoother. Though it still feels slightly noisy while accelerating, but this might be normal. It might be just a different feeling for me after driving a car (buick regal 3.8L v6 which seemed smoother).
Thanks again. I and my family love the van. Will keep you all posted if I see any thing.

Cheers.

2002 SS EX-L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts