Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 2002 on the lot today. They had an LX (already sold), so I checked it out. It has Bridgstone Potenza (sp?) tires on it. I've got a 2001 w/Firestones on it & they are terrible. Can't ballance them & one with a slow leak that they can't find.
I did get to sit in the 2002...
The seats are better, more back/side support.
The rear cup holders are great. The speakers are definatly better (more bass), but I couldn't really tell w/o getting on the road & listen over the road noise. They have moved the rear speaker back to where your elbows rest in the 3rd row.

When I heard of all the changes on the 2002's, I really wanted to trade the 2001. But now that I've seen one, Hey, it's the same van I already have. I've already upgraded the stereo, added keyless entry & alloy wheels. I've got enough going power & braking power. So, all I've got to do is try & talk the dealer into swapping out those @*^#^&%$ Firestones & I will have lost the desire to "upgrade" to a 2002. But, has anybody heard what the changes for the 03's will be??
Brichead

·
Registered
122 Posts
To trade a 2001 LX to a 2002 LX it is not worth it unless you upgrade to a EXL-RES.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nester,
I'm trying to convince myself I don't need a 2002.
YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!
Brichead

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rumor has it that the 2003 Odyssey will most likely have a AWD option (Possibly the MDX's 4x4 goods)

Which makes me think a bit about getting the 02 because rumor has it that it may get a facelift as well.

Just Rumors, Rumors.

: )

·
Registered
72 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brichead:
I saw a 2002 on the lot today...It has Bridgstone Potenza (sp?) tires on it. I've got a 2001 w/Firestones on it & they are terrible. Can't ballance them & one with a slow leak that they can't find.
I did get to sit in the 2002...
The seats are better, more back/side support.
The rear cup holders are great. The speakers are definatly better (more bass), but I couldn't really tell w/o getting on the road & listen over the road noise. They have moved the rear speaker back to where your elbows rest in the 3rd row.

When I heard of all the changes on the 2002's, I really wanted to trade the 2001. But now that I've seen one, Hey, it's the same van I already have. I've already upgraded the stereo, added keyless entry & alloy wheels. I've got enough going power & braking power.
</font>
brichead,
09/07/01
Well, Today I got to finally see some 02 Odys at my local dealer just out of the truck
LX,EX and EX-L and EX-L NAVI (They did not have any EX-L RES).

brichead you're right the 02 Ody is just the same as the 01 exteriorwise (except for the rear disc brakes, Rims, front larger H LOGO and some extra Horses).

Now let me tell you that I do also agree with 1ODY2NV and Nemogira as far as the minor
upgrade thing. I will highly suggest that if you do want to upgrade that bad then go for the EX-L RES (That's a heck of an Upgrade)

Originally my wife and I had agreed to get the plain vanilla EX; BUT after seeing the
EX-l's on the lot I got to finally convince my wife to go for the 2002 EX-L RES(TW).

That Leather looks awesome and does definetelly come in handy when you have kids.

HONDA did a great job with the Leather trim and the RES option (Which is available for the EX-L ONLY).

I waited long enough for the 02 and definetely don't have any more patience left to wait for the "2003 Odyssey EX-L RES AWD".

Good luck in your decision making : )

·
Registered
32 Posts
I justed pickup an 02 MB EX and the tires are Michelin Symmetry's 225/60/R16. They seem ok but I wish I can replace them soon with something that is more quite.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just came back from a trip to Best Buy and had the opportunity to see an 02 MB EX. I stopped at the first dealer and then my dealer. They both had the exact same model. Both had the Micheln Symmetry tires. My deale showed me the hondanet printout, but my name is only written at the bottom of the list, though from a quick glance, we might be the first ones to get our particular model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts