Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie thinking of buying a 2002 Ody. A friend with a 2000 complains that he can't carry much cargo in the back end when he has one or more back-seat passengers without bottoming out the suspension. Has the suspension been toughened up since 2000? I want to be able to tow a 2000 lb trailer and also carry lots of cargo.

·
Registered
628 Posts
. A friend with a 2000 complains that he can't carry much cargo in the back end when he has one or more back-seat passengers without bottoming out the suspension.
I am waiting for a '02 to be delivered in Dec or Jan so I can't answer your question directly, but I did have a '00 EX until 2 weeks ago.

Annually, I loaded up 2 200 pounders and 2 165 pounders (golf foursome) along with 4 sets of clubs and 4 suitcases and travelled from No. Illinois to the Gulf of Mexico to play golf for a week. I can attest that there was NO sag at all with this load and I regularly got 22 mpg running 80ish on the Interstates.

·
Registered
58 Posts
According to the Oct. 2001 issue of Car and Driver, "(for 2002) They reduced the front anti-roll-bar diameter, increased spring rates all around, and retuned the shock-damping characteristics. The result is a somewhat improved ride without much loss from the previous Odyssey's nimble-for a minivan-handling."

·
Registered
478 Posts
Airbags are available for the Ody and may be what you need. Nemogira has them, maybe others too. Try a search to find a thread about them. Not sure what the company name or URL is.

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
Airbags are available for the Ody and may be what you need. Nemogira has them, maybe others too. Try a search to find a thread about them. Not sure what the company name or URL is.

</font>
You can find all the info on the Airlifts in the TECH section under "Air Lift Suspension"

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts