Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had the cel and tcs come on. First problem I've had since I have picked it up used 3 yrs ago.

Have noticed a surging under light acceleration between 40 km/h and 80 km/h as well while in overdrive or fifth gear recently.

Pulled a DTC P1491. Called local dealer for an appointment Wed for code read and see if they honor EGR TSB which should be covered for 8 yrs. Also sch timing belt install at same time. If they don't want to cover EGR will bring some where else for timing belt.

Will update...

Odyssey has 126 000 kms and redone tranny at approx 78000 kms.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well an update from my visit to the dealer on Wed. Brought it in telling them of cel and tcs light on and the the code I had pulled.

Looked puzzled when I told them the egr was bad and that it was still under warranty as per my research from this great forum.

Told them to make egr priority and worry about timing belt after we resolve cel. Told them about the surging under light acceleration as well but they seem to think that it's a seperate problem than egr.

Anyways two hrs later they call to say the egr is bad and covered no less under warranty including the diagnostic.

Gave them the green light to go ahead and do the timing belt, water pump and tensioner.

Thanks for the help guys with the egr and surging is eliminated as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oakodyville said:
Well an update from my visit to the dealer on Wed. Brought it in telling them of cel and tcs light on and the the code I had pulled.

Looked puzzled when I told them the egr was bad and that it was still under warranty as per my research from this great forum.

Told them to make egr priority and worry about timing belt after we resolve cel. Told them about the surging under light acceleration as well but they seem to think that it's a seperate problem than egr.

Anyways two hrs later they call to say the egr is bad and covered no less under warranty including the diagnostic.

Gave them the green light to go ahead and do the timing belt, water pump and tensioner.

Thanks for the help guys with the egr and surging is eliminated as well.

Cheers
did you take it to oakville honda?

did they charge you a diagnostic fee even though you told them the code?

what service rep did you deal with?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the dealer I went to was Oakville Honda. Only because I have a history there with my past hondas.

Yes also to the diagnostic fee being covered as well under warranty and the guy I dealt with is Frank. Good guy to deal with but was a little puzzled with his customer telling him what was wrong with the van and the fix was covered under warranty.

I did tell them the code I pulled but they would still do a scan anyway so point was moot. I was interested in code so I wouldnt be led astray as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
482 Posts
just asked because i've only dealt with anthony and patrick (who i don't think is there anymore) and the experiences have been just OK. to be honest anthony seems like a bit of a cocky b-tard ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I think I would have enjoyed dealing w cockiness. Especially when I know the difference.

That was the reason I wanted to know the code before going in.

Regardless if they wanted to be unhelpful there is always another dealer around the corner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts