Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a new Odyssey owner and club member. My wife got sweet talked into the warranty for a price much higher than what was discussed on these forums. Are they cancellable?
How much should I pay for a 2002 LX 7yr warranty?
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
478 Posts
I believe there is a law that allows you to back out of a contract (48 hrs?) but not sure if it would apply in this case.
You can find the 7yr/100k warranty for around $900 or less-check with Alton-Blakely Honda or do a search.
Also, you might check out the warranty forum if you haven't already done so.

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 10-08-2001).]

·
Registered
141 Posts
The warranty is fully refundable within 30 days if you have not had any claims against it. Otherwise, you may still cancel but you will not get a _full_ refund.

You have to cancel at your dealership... go back in there with your paperwork (it comes in the mail after you buy it) and ask to see the finance person or whoever sold your wife the warranty.

Then tell them you want to cancel because you were overcharged and are purchasing from a more reasonable dealer

I got my refund check from Honda about 5 weeks after cancellation.

You should expect to pay about $875 for 7yr/100K miles if you have less than 12,000 miles on it and it is less than 1 yr old.

------------------
2002 Mesa Beige EX-L-RES - on order
2001 Mesa Beige EX - recently sold

·
Registered
205 Posts
My dealer is owned by a large corportation. The dealer agreed to match the $875 price I could get from Tracy, so for simplicity sakes I went with it. It was only after I got home and sifted through the mountain of paperwork that I realized they had sold me their own warranty backed my the large company but was not Honda. I had 60 days to cancel according to the paperwork. All went smooth and I ordered my warranty from Tracy at Alton Blakely Honda.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts