Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along some information concerning the new 2002 Odyssey. We purchased a 2001 Odyssey in August. While at the dealer in September, dealer hit a pole with our van (OOPS!!). We just picked up our new 2002 van yesterday. Since I had a chance to drive both vehicles, I thought I would point out several differences.
1. You can definitely tell the difference in the horsepower increase. The 30 extra horses makes acceleration much quicker.
2. The new 5 speed transmission shifts much smoother. The 2001 was not near as smooth.
3. The 2001 has a pretty incredible ride, but believe it or not, the 2002 is better.
4. The sound in the rear of the 2002 seems to have improved. I'm not sure if they made any changes, but it seems better in our new van.
5. I am having to adjust to the new steering wheel. The 2001 had a larger steering wheel and your hands seemed to fit better. The cruise buttons and radio volume buttons are also different. You must hold them down longer for them to register changes. I do like the shorter gear shift. It does make it easier to reach the radio.
6. The driver side seat has lumbar support. I don't remember this option on the 2001.
7. I did notice the howling sound today. We didn't have the cross bars on yesterday when we brought it home. I went and added the cross bars today and noticed the howl on the way home.

All in all, we have been very pleased with our Honda products. Thanks to the dealer oops, we get to enjoy the new model with all of the new features. Lucky us.

If you are thinking about buying an Odyssey, I would whole heartedly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
How do you get the dealer to hit a pole with your old one so that you get a new one?

(Like the old punchline: "How do you start a flood?")

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations on your new 2002 Ody. Just got mine last week. I thought about getting a 2001 Ody two weeks ago before thinking of the 2002 (of course, the 2001 are already gone, duh). Thanks for the comparison. I'm glad I got the 2002. By the way, the 2001 looks great too (I like the 2001 16" rims though).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts