Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my 2003 upstream 02 sensor with a bosch(13377) but car ran poorly afterwards. Have since put the old one back in, light still on but runs better. I called Bosch and they only have one complaint on that part. Sensor tip doesn't match the OEM tip. Any thoughts or experience with this? thanks

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
What code do you have? Do a search on the code for more info.

DENSO is a better brand O2 sensor for the Odyssey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the sugestion. the codes (according to autozone scanner) were voltage codes on the upstream side. Not sure what the original codes were. Dealer part is about $165. Is there a good online website to purchase the Denso brand? The picture of the sensor on their website is an exact match whereas the Bosch is not the same tip.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
02 sensor/Denso

I purchased Denso upstream and downstream sensors. Changed the upstream (the one that was giving the error codes). Engine light went out for about 100 miles and now is back on again. I am going to change the downstream and hope for the best. Beyond that, I am at a loss for what the problem is. Not sure exactly what codes it was giving but I had a tech (cashier) from Autozone use their scanner. Thanks for the web site but Autozone let me return the Bosch as defective and gave me a credit so not a total loss yet just time and frustration.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
You need to get the specific codes for any CEL light problem. There are about four codes for each O2 senser, voltage and current for the heater, high voltage and low voltage output. These can then be checked with the OBDII scanner and verified after replacement that the new O2 is correct or there may be a wiring problem. It is cheaper than just guessing and throwing parts in each tim a CEL comes on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I was headed to the dealer or local Mechanic to get the codes but the light is back off again and has been for a few days (150 miles or so) I am going to change the downstream over the w/e and also plugs (122k original plugs) NGK PZFR5F-11 seems to be oem. Besides air and cabin filter what else would you recommend at this point? Timing belt also needs to be changed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts