Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The placement of the cigarette lighter near the floor of the front console makes it difficult to use for av devices, cell phone chargers etc. Are there any creative ideas for dealing with this or is it something you just live with ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have owned an old 2004 honda odyssey for over a year. In my experience there is neither a 12v outlet or a cigarette lighter! Anywhere.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Why thank you Runbux for resurrecting a 10 year old thread and adding absolutely nothing. Welcome to the Ody Club, and I hope you don't just disappear after making one post.
Here is where the cigarrette lighter is, under the center storage bin in the front. Just like safari1 posted.

And if you ever venture to go to the back where storage for the 3rd row headrests is, here's another socket that the 3rd row passengers can plug in to.

·
Registered
14,241 Posts
And they are power outlets, not cigarette lighter receptacles. In the 199-2004 there was an accessory "smoker's package" that had an actual lighter and ashtray that mounted in the center dash cupholder. That lighter socket was wired completely separately. The stock receptacles are not rated for a lighter. You will blow a fuse at best and fry the wiring at worst.

But they are in the stupidest place in front anyway. It was not popular in the older vans, but in newer ones and current ones, mounting and wiring a usb outlet makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
And they are power outlets, not cigarette lighter receptacles.
Yep. Two different animals.

In the day when cars had cigarette lighters, somebody invented an adapter that inserted into the socket in place of the cigarette lighter for connecting 12V accessories e.g. work lights.

Cigarette lighters gradually disappeared, but the socket lives on to this day as a power outlet.

I suppose we are stuck with this unattractive and bulky design due to the multitude of accessories that need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts