Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey crew..so changed bulb with new bulb and still no luck...all fuses are good as well..what/where should I go next...馃

Registered
I used the radio shack bulb many years ago to change mine without any issues. Find the part number posted in this forum and maybe frys have an equivalent bulb. If you got the honda bulb, maybe try remounting it. Also reinsert the harness connection..

Registered
I use Honda Dealer part. May cost slightly more. But is "pre-wired" up. Double check your bulb. A simple novice "test",
Use a magnifying glass and look at the filament. Is it broken or brown/burnt.

Also, when I change my bulb. (2001), After I stick the bulb/socket in. I ATTACH A LITTLE PIECE of Blue Painter's tape at the base, to keep the bulb "snug". The bulb does not really "click" in very good.

Your problem may be the bulb just "got loose". Test the bulb, before you put everything back together.

Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the bulb from Honda directly, filament was good checked before I replaced....but won鈥檛 the painters tape interfere with connection?

Registered
The clock bulb grounds through the dash lights dimmer control. It shares that part of the circuit with the interior lights switch light. Is that light working?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
The clock bulb grounds through the dash lights dimmer control. It shares that part of the circuit with the interior lights switch light. Is that light working?
Hey dave! So I just replaced my switch and that鈥檚 fine, interior lights are fine, but still a no go on clock,..such a bummer. I just can鈥檛 figure out the issue. I鈥檓 trying!!

Registered
R2, I wasn't 100% sure that I asked clearly - I meant the illumination bulb inside the interior lights switch, not the interior lights themselves. Is the switch illumination working okay?

Registered
OP. What I meant was. Insert light bulb into socket. Just us a "little" tiny strip of blue tape to hold the "base" of the light bulb to the fixture. Blue tape does not touch the "glass bulb". This is just to keep it from getting loose.
I've changed my clock light, I think 3 times now. (2001 original owner).

IN the old days, when the light when out. People would "bag" the clock. And the light would work for a few years.
(it got loose). Anyways, I like to look for simple fix first. Before proceeding......Good luck..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts