Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Odyssey a couple days ago (without a user manual) and I am trying to figure out which fuse is for the heated seats. Every fuse box I have opened says nothing about the heated seats. I read a few posts on here and they suggested to check fuse 78 however my fuses are not numbered. I have 2 small fuse boxes beside my battery (right side of engine) and a big fuse box on the left of the engine. Since neither driver nor passenger work, I trust it is not the fuses near the doors however even if it was, none of them mention heated seats either:huh:
Can someone please tell me which exact fuse box to look in and also where in said box or better yet, what the diagram says? ;)
Is there anything else I need to look for other than the fuse? Everything in the door works except the heated seats - they don't even light up.
Thanks so VERY much in advance!
mamaS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, i found the box and there was no fuse in it. Upon looking closer, there is no metal connectors in the block where the 20A fuse is to go... since I have the switches on the doors, what does this mean? could I have bought a pieced together van? How do I know if the seats are wired and why is there no connector in the fuse block? :(

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Seats leather or cloth? Only leather heated. Possibly door panels from and EX-L and cloth seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seats are leather and the doors have the buttons however the fuse block does not have the metal conductor where the heated seat fuse (which was missing) should go... I am really confused now???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, I found the block and the thing that says heated seat. There is no metal conductor in that block... I wonder if they removed the correct block for some reason or if there is something weird going on with the inside of the van...???
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i experienced a similar thing. My seat heaters worked fine for many years then suddenly stopped working. I figured check the fuse first, and when I looked up the location (small fuse box close to battery) there was no fuse! The system must be working off another fuse, but I don't know which one. Anyone have a similar issue?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
You can download, for free, an owners manual here: Owner's Manual | 2003 Honda Odyssey | Honda Owners Site.
Check out pages 377-379.
It does indeed show a 20a fuse in position #8 in the secondary under-hood fuse box.
There are slots for 8 fuses on the left side and the bottom one is #8.

Check out the Electrical Troubleshooting in the Sticky Threads above this forum.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/155312-1999-2004-honda-odyssey-electrical-troubleshooting-manual.html
Buffalo4

Only the EX-L has heated seats. Maybe someone switched out that fuse box.

You can also dl a Honda Service Manual for around $25 or so on the Internet in pdf form.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
You can download, for free, an owners manual here: Owner's Manual | 2003 Honda Odyssey | Honda Owners Site.
Check out pages 377-379.
It does indeed show a 20a fuse in position #8 in the secondary under-hood fuse box.
There are slots for 8 fuses on the left side and the bottom one is #8.

Check out the Electrical Troubleshooting in the Sticky Threads above this forum.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/155312-1999-2004-honda-odyssey-electrical-troubleshooting-manual.html
Look at page 147 in that manual for an electrical diagram. There are other fuses and relays that control the heated seats, etc.

Only the EX-L has heated seats.

You can also dl a Honda Service Manual for around $25 or so on the Internet in pdf form.

Some of the fuses are:fuse #4 (7.5A) in the under the dash Drivers side. It controls the seat heater relay (that relay is in the small fuse box by the battery.

Buffalo4

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I just looked at my '03 EX-L and in the fuse box next to the battery, I see 8 slots for fuses and it only has one fuse in it. It is #78 (20A) and it is at the far left when standing in front of the Ody and looking at it.
It has a couple of relays in the other row with one fuse there also, on the right, which I believe if for the Driver's power window. The seat heater relay is one of those also.
So, fuse #4 (7.5A) in the Driver's side under the dash fuse/relay box powers the relay. The relay's contacts provide the power to the switches that turn on the seat heaters and that power is controlled (protected) by the 20A #78 in the secondary fuse\relay box next to the battery.
Buffalo4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts