Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2003 Odyssey to get a Alignment it took them like 10 minutes at the most is that a reasonable time. And does the 2003 odyssey need a 4 wheel Alignment.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I took my 2003 Odyssey to get a Alignment it took them like 10 minutes at the most is that a reasonable time. And does the 2003 odyssey need a 4 wheel Alignment.
Apparently the rear wheels need to be checked. If yours only took 10 min, then they should have been good, needing no adjustment, and the cost of alignment discounted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently the rear wheels need to be checked. If yours only took 10 min, then they should have been good, needing no adjustment, and the cost of alignment discounted.
They charged me $40 it was the only Mechanic that would do it today so I was like why not. The steering was pretty straight just went to the left very,very slightly it looks like it goes straight now but it took them no more then 10-5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Alignments are generally prix fixe. Don't expect a lower price because it didn't require a lot of time. The alignment rack systems are quite expensive, if that's any consolation.

A lot like the "diagnostic fee" most dealers levy, often equal to their hourly labor rate.. And many don't discount when they read the code and tighten (or install) the gas cap, taking a total of around 90 seconds.

Reactions: 0dyfamily

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well, when I did alignments for a garage, the process was to road test the car before and after to make sure everything was correct. Then give the customer a print out of the numbers so they could check later if there was a problem. This was an independent garage that cared about customer satisfaction. I would not expect the same from the dealer because they are focused more on profit.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
The time to do an alignment varies widely depending on many factors e.g. the number of adjustments required, difficulty loosening fasteners, worn parts, etc. I would say that 10 minutes meant that everything was in spec out of the gate.

Did the van have any alignment symptoms (e.g. wandering, etc.) before the alignment? A professional shop will often ask you this before starting the job. So they might adjust something that's in spec to either end of the spec range. A wheel alignment is as much an art as a science.

And yes, your van needs a 4-wheel alignment because all four wheels have independent suspension.

·
Registered
338 Posts
They charged me $40 it was the only Mechanic that would do it today so I was like why not. The steering was pretty straight just went to the left very,very slightly it looks like it goes straight now but it took them no more then 10-5 minutes.
That really seems fair. My latest alignment check was $40 when I bought new tires.

Reactions: 0dyfamily
1 - 7 of 7 Posts