Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need more light up front? Tired of the dull yellow light coming from the front map lights?

Although some may make issue with the expense, to me it was well worth throwing away the dull yellow light up front. We can see better and it has a more modern look to it.

Front Map Lights take a 168/194 bulb.

Based on the name brand reputation and the reviews at Amazon.com I purchased the Halo LED 194 bright white bulbs

Man do these lights make a huge difference! I also had a pair of PIAA Xtreme White Wedge Bulbs on hand and used this opportunity to compare all three bulbs - stock, PIAA Xtreme White, and the Halo Led.

The PIAA was an improvement in color and brightness when compared to the stock bulb. However, the Halo LED blew the others away! If it is dark and you are falling asleep don't pull over and get coffee...pull over and turn on your Halo LED front map lights. This should wake you up :) Little humor but seriously these babies are bright.

***NOTE: THESE HAVE POLARITY SO IF IT DOES NOT INITIALLY TURN ON AFTER YOU INSTALL IT, ROTATE THE BULB AND THEN ALL IS GOOD***

The Halo LED's are unidirectional so they worked great in the front map lights and especially the license plate light. However, don't think of using them in your rear tailight (also a 168/194 bulb) because if using LED for this it requires a multi-directional type LED.

Sorry I did not take pictures but I am confident you will see a HUGE difference especially over stock bulbs.

Hope this helps those would like more light in the license plate area or up front in the map lights.

Halo also makes the cargo and rear lights if you want to go all out, however we just wanted more light right up front.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 Odyssey and the map lights didn’t work at purchase figured just needed bulbs but still won’t come on. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Maybe ask in the 4th Gen section instead of this 2nd Gen for '99-'04? :unsure: Check the fuse?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts