Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
I know several members keep a spare coil in the glove compartment. Is the sound metallic up front? Does it change if you turn the left or right? Does it change if you lightly press the brakes? Is it any different in reverse? I don't think it is a tranny issue but to just verify, put the transmission in neutral while cruising at speed and see what the noise does.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I know several members keep a spare coil in the glove compartment. Is the sound metallic up front? Does it change if you turn the left or right? Does it change if you lightly press the brakes? Is it any different in reverse? I don't think it is a tranny issue but to just verify, put the transmission in neutral while cruising at speed and see what the noise does.

It does not change. Basically if the car is in motion 5 mph or higher it is making a noise. I have put the car in neutral and let it coast down the road and the noise was still there. I need to take the left front wheel off and look around and see. It’s not really metal on metal it’s more of a rubbing type sound that gets faster and faster and rhythm the faster you drive. I might drive and record it and post a video.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would jack the car up leave the wheel on and check for play by and spin the tire by hand to see if you can feel it catching before taking the tire off. When you get the tire off check to see if the inside and outside pad are wearing evenly.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It sounds like a wheel bearing noise to me.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's been awhile since I have done one on an Honda Odyssey but as long as you have a press it shouldn't be to bad.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I checked and the coil part number is: 30520-P8E-S01

The spark plug part number is: 98079-5514N

Can anyone confirm that these are still the correct part numbers. Also where is the best place to get OEM Honda parts online. Id rather not pay dealership prices.
If you pay over $7/plug you are wasting money. I think Honda charges around $18/plug.
Go to the NGK site and look up the number if you want. ngk.com.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thats what I am thinking. Is it easy to replace the bearing or should I just do the whole hub?
To do front wheel bearing, need to remove hub. Then use press to remove bearing from hub. Find someone who can press bearings out or get a press and adapters. Press old bearing off and new bearing on hub. Make sure to put the new bearing "pack seal side (metal color) toward the inside" as seen on page 18-14. See attachment. If it is bad wheel bearing, need to find which side.

Attachments

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
9 Participants
match
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing