Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on ? My 2003 honda odyssey transmission slips on 2nd but when i disconnect the battery and connect it back again to reset while the check engine light on isnt on it works perfectly ! What could it be ? could it be the whole transmission I need to buy or is it a sensor ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Did you get the code read for the check engine light? If not sorta hard to tell.

With ours the CEL came on and was p0740. Car drove OK for a month or so and then started to slip in the lower gears. At that point it was done.

As a last ditch effort search around here. Some have been able to clean some screens and change the fluid to prolong its life a bit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A slip is a warning.

If I may suggest, if you havent done so yet, stop driving the ody til you replace the ATF with synthetic ATF and some Synthetic Racing ATF combo like i did. it will make it last longer.

CK

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
You could trade it. Otherwise have the codes read and post here. The only way to determine a problem is to get the failure codes from the computer.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
And the code could indicate that it is only an electrical circuit failure and not a mechanical one $$$. Get the code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts