Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the Drivers power window down the window goes down, but it bounces. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened twice now.

It does go up smoothly.

Any ideas on what needs to be looked at... cost?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
03 and 04 have a driver window reset procedure. Try it first.
Turn the ignition off then back on. Hold the window down switch until the window is all the way down plus two seconds without stopping. Press and hold the window up switch unyil the window is all the way up plus hold for two seconds.
See if the window still fails. If it fails try a second time and if that doesn't fix it you need to take the door cover off and check the regulator.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Window run track is dry. Buy some clear silicone spray and go nuts. Spray inside the rubber where the window sits and slides up and down.

·
Registered
97 Posts
mjody said:
Window run track is dry. Buy some clear silicone spray and go nuts. Spray inside the rubber where the window sits and slides up and down.
I have the same problem..and it's becoming a little annoying...I think this is the fix.

Williams has probably misunderstood the question or he may have never experienced this problem.

Excellent advise though if I(or anyone else) ever needs to reset the window.

·
Registered
104 Posts
03 and 04 have a driver window reset procedure. Try it first.
Turn the ignition off then back on. Hold the window down switch until the window is all the way down plus two seconds without stopping. Press and hold the window up switch unyil the window is all the way up plus hold for two seconds.
See if the window still fails. If it fails try a second time and if that doesn't fix it you need to take the door cover off and check the regulator.
My regulator was just replaced, and now the window does this:

The procedure you described - is it supposed to help with this condition? Doesn't help me, although I might be doing something wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts