Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try this before take it to the Trans shop. It could be dirty filter/shift solenoid screen tube. Go on YouTube, search for these two videos by a guy name True Renegade. He will show you how to replace the filter and clean the shift solenoids. Good Luck!!!

2004 Honda Odyssey Automatic Transmission Maintenance part 1 of 2
2004 Honda Odyssey Automatic Transmission Maintenance part 2 of 2

·
Registered
13,536 Posts
Every other oil change is what I have been doing to my 02 since I bought it at 36k. At 240k now. Still changing on that schedule. I may have the only Ody that ever got dumped with a working trans. (cuz I'm about over it and it's not worth anything)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Theres a scenario where u are going about 44-48 down hill even slightly with and sometimes without lightly pressing break and the rpms jump like crazy until the road levela out only then does it sync up. If you have this at all and its downhill and like i desceibed... its the clogged egr and port doing this. The bottom of the grenade looking device will prob look rusty. Mimics a lot of trans probs and will evwntually burn it out so if anyone has thia jumping rpm etc. Check thw egr and you might wanna check throttle cable stop nut location and calibration. I dont believe it when shit goes from normal ride to " blinking d complete failure"

·
Registered
12 Posts
If u think ita the trans. Dude do a flush and throw lucas in there ull get a few oee month if not longer. What u got to lose

·
Registered
13,536 Posts
This trans does have a hill assist feature that downshifts automatically if the hill is steep enough. You can evoke it by tapping the brakes as well.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah nitely2 got a good deal on a rebuilt transmission and torque converter, he knows what he's talking about. Your 2-3 shifting issue sounds exactly what I had. I posted a thread called "found out why my transmission was slipping (pics)" I show pictures of what was wrong with the transmission and they also made a video about that. I also made a video in a separate thread about how to rebuild the transmission. Under eksine on YouTube I have 29 videos on how to rebuild that transmission for 2002. but like everybody saying the most important thing is decide if it's worth it.I did rebuild the transmission and explain it but to be honest I have no clue why I did it other than just to prove that I could do it and for giggles I think. Literally that was my excuse. Most likely your third and possibly low gear and low hold (which is basically first gear) is destroyed, no friction material left, steel on steel friction. I had the same symptoms. If you have trouble finding my threads I can help you find them

21 - 26 of 26 Posts