Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock EX OEM radio -- one day, it is no longer showing the volume level when I adjust the volume. It used to show a numeric indication of volume level. Now I change the volume and the LCD does not change -- it shows the FM station or CD track. How do I fix this?

BTW, does anyone know what the hidden radio menu (hold "1" and "6", then press the PWR button) does?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Stock EX OEM radio -- one day, it is no longer showing the volume level when I adjust the volume. It used to show a numeric indication of volume level. Now I change the volume and the LCD does not change -- it shows the FM station or CD track. How do I fix this?
I don't believe many of these features were programmable in your Ody. Follow the link on DV's sticky about the owners manual for your van....but I don't think there is way to "fix" the display.

BTW, does anyone know what the hidden radio menu (hold "1" and "6", then press the PWR button) does?
This should give you the 8 digit serial number of your radio...which you will need to help retrieve the security code if you have lost the card that came with the van.

To retrieve your unit serial number:

1.Turn the ignition switch to ON.
2.Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
3.Turn OFF the device.
4.Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
5.The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
6.And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
7.Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not in the Owners Manual

I have the original 2003 manual and it does not show anything about this issue with the radio. Somehow one of the kids may have pressed a combination of buttons and now no volume level indicator :rollingeyes:

Not a biggie, but a bit annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts