Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been discussed here already. I searched and couldn't find anything.
I have a 2003 Odyssey EX-L. Last July I was involved in an accident when a girl in a mini cooper pulled out in front of me and I broadsided her. Not extensive damage but both airbags deployed on my Honda and the 50amp ignition fuse blew. The body shop replaced the fuse when they repaired the van and it was up and running. Everything was fine until last Friday when my wife was in the bank drive thru and when she put the van in drive the fuse blew again. We replaced the fuse and it blew right away. Had it towed to Honda, they replaced the fuse and it was up and running again. They spent a day searching for a short and found nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else experience this? I am worried it may blow the fuse again when she is at an intersection.

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Check the battery and its connections. Check the ignition switch and its connections. Check the ground G101 which is identified as #21 in the attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and pdf file about the G101 ground. The fuse blew again last Sunday and I was able to get the van into the garage and check some things out. The only thing I found was the positive connector on the battery was slightly loose. Tightened that and moved on. I did pull both 30 amp fuses for the remote start just in case that was malfunctioning. Today it blew again so don't think the remote start is the problem. The only action that is being done at that time the fuse blows is putting the van in park or taking it out of park, so moving the shifter and applying the brake. Frustrating...Grrrrr.

Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts