Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the driveaxles replaced...since then, when I hit a bump, sounds like there is rubbing...ran over some speed bumps and I thought the coils around the shocks we're rubbing...I checked those and they're good...had someone drive forward and backwards with the front wheels turned all the way over in both directions and i watched for anykind of play, but everything is tight...there is a bar that runs from the wheels to the frame and I think that's where the problem is...I haven't had a front-end alignment since the work was done and was wondering if that is my problem...before the driveaxles we're replaced there was no problem of anykind other than the rubber boots leaking...

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Is it a slow noise as if stationary parts are rubbing or a fast noise as if something spinning is rubbing?

Try going over a bump while pressing gently on the brakes and see if the noise still happens. If the noise disappears, the problem is in the braking system.

Failing that, push down hard on the front end and see if you can create the noise. (Open the hood and push on the member that runs from side to side over the radiator.) If the noise appears, you should be able to trace it with the assistance of a helper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts