Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow a TON of great information on this site. Nice work!!!

I just now hit the 120k mark on my van and I would like to give the van a solid Tune Up. I haven't had to work the van yet (dealer covered) so this will be my first time around working on the van. Beside oil and air filter nothing has been done to the van since 60K.

Since I will be the one working on it from here on out I want to start fresh and replace any maintainence items.

Can someone provide me a good advice list of what to replace?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
There is no such thing as a tune up any more. There are service items to be done at certain intervals as spelled out in the owners manual. At 120k you are due to replace the timing belt and a few other things. Since you have apparently ignored the transmission oil changes you are way overdue for those. Get an owners manual for the schedule of things to be done. Search the forum for the problems of your van.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Always good to have another Ody owner stop in for help and answers. From the research if you are fairly mechanically inclined you can do the majority of the maintenance items called for by Honda. Do you happen to remember the mileage intervals that the dealer did their work? Maybe you have some records from them and/or they should have all the work done to your van. Like the previous post says, if it hasn't been done, the timing belt job is past due and you really should jump on the transmission service(and yes there is an external filter if you want to change that). Lots of good info and people on this site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Always good to have another Ody owner stop in for help and answers. From the research if you are fairly mechanically inclined you can do the majority of the maintenance items called for by Honda. Do you happen to remember the mileage intervals that the dealer did their work? Maybe you have some records from them and/or they should have all the work done to your van. Like the previous post says, if it hasn't been done, the timing belt job is past due and you really should jump on the transmission service(and yes there is an external filter if you want to change that). Lots of good info and people on this site.
Not great mechanically but I'm getting there slowly. The dealerships last notes (had to call them) are at 94K Belt replacement and Transmission check. But it doesn't show they replaced anything with the Tranny. Now that I think about it I'm thinking maybe they should have but didn't considering our service warranty was up in 6k. The intervals were all in order so my wife must have taken it in when needed. So am I just looking at Plugs and Tranny Filter/Fluid change out?

Thanks for the help Ajaake, I guess not seeing the traditional motor look when I popped the cover off made me unsure.

And Mr. Wiles - I had been deployed 2 of the past 3 years sir, so no I haven't "simply ignored" anything. Just because this is an online forum shouldn't prompt rudeness or condescending jabs. Absolutely unnecessary.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If it's all been done at the dealer, check with the dealer's records computer. It should say if the tranny's been flushed, plugs changed or the timing belt changed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts