Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A/C in the front works fine, but no A/C in the rear.

The rear blower is working, but only blows warm/hot air through the rear floor vents. The speed control for the rear blower is working.

Also noticed the rear ceiling vents (all four) are not blowing any air at all.

I've searched multiple threads, but have not come across a solution. Could use some ideas.

Thanks,

Bill W. (Atlanta)

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Cold air only flows through ceiling vents and hot air only flows through floor vents in the rear. Check your ceiling vents and see if they are closed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they are open.

I understand the the vents are for A/C only. There is nothing blowing out of any of the ceiling vents, but the rear blower is working.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Let us get this straight.

Rear AC on, blower on high and the rear fan is spinning. No air comes out of either the ceiling vents or the rear vent?

If that's the case, I'd poke around the air handler in the rear corner of the van. Something has disconnected or blocked the pipe leading to the ceiling vents.

It might be an interesting experiment to close all but one ceiling vent, and use a shop-vac to suck on the remaining open vent. Maybe you'll catch yourself a mouse :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SuperDad,

Yes, what you describe is correct.

I guess my next step is to dig into the "plumbing" in the back. Does anyone have any diagrams to the rear ventilation system?

Thanks,

BW

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Mode control motor switches between upper and lower vents. Removed what I previously wrote as there is no clear information how the air flow is directed. Since it transfers both vents and airflow through the evap and heater core part of it's function could have come loose. You will have to pull some panels to inspect them and determine where the air is going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan to dig into it this weekend, so nothing yet.

Yes, one system, but two evaporators; one in the front and one in the rear.

For your particular circumstance, I've read several postings which address the problem you are having.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts