Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When under warranty, two were replaced. Is there a manual lock I can have installed rather than replace these again? I have 120K and otherwise running excellent. Is it advisable to seek a junk dealer for these or are they too delicate to expect to work if not new?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Squirt some lock eeze or other lock lubricant in the locks. That is a common problem on all car locks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow William I never thought of that. (sarcasm alert) I joined this forum to hear about WD 40. Yeah.

Sheesh.

I am 60 and have owned dozens of cars. I have raised engines and replaced many components. These Odyssey electric locks have been continuously a problem; I am simply looking for an alternative to obtaining the part from a dealer. Any one have a suggestion before I buy the kit from Honda??

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
I believe WW is refering to graphite lube for the lock cylinders and not WD40. The graphite has solved lock problems for some and hence his suggestion.

I think there is a cheap fix to the lock actuators here somewhere on this site. Basically replacing a component of the actuator and not the whole unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts