Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2004 honda odessy power discharges when driving down the road, turn on the lights and it starts recharging

421 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Zepplin
when the van sits and idles it charges, as soon as you put it in drive and drive down the road it starts discharging. If you turn on the lights it starts charging again? Have a volt meter hooked directly to alternator while driving and the volts do not drop. The battery was dead so replaced it. could it have to do with having to reprogram the computer after battery disconnect. Any answers out there?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14,038 Posts
Your first two statements contradict each other. Can you be more specific? How do you know it's discharging while driving if the volts do not drop. I don't understand.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your first two statements contradict each other. Can you be more specific? How do you know it's discharging while driving if the volts do not drop. I don't understand.
have a volt meter attached while driving, it starts out at a little over 14 volts while driving, you dont even go 1/4 mile and they start dropping to 12 volts, if you turn the headlights on it goes back up to 14 volts and stay charging or if you speed up to over 45mph will stay charging. there are 4 wires to alternator dont know which is trigger wire. this is going thru wife sorry if it doesnt make sense

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.