Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2004 honda odyssey battery problem pleaase help!

1072 3
i have a 2004 honda odyssey exl with 168k miles yesterday i went to unlock my van but it didnt work so i went n manually unlocked my driver door and realized my battery was dead. the piece thats in my brake pedal came out so my brake lights killed my battery so i put it back in and we jumped my van it was running and my husband drove it and everything. now its acting crazy went to crank it and now theres no power like the battery was dead again jumped it off ran n drove fine but as soon as u cut the van off instantly theres no power like it has a dead battery and i cant crank it. weve checked the battery cables made sure they were fine and still nothing. thinking it was the battery we took it back to walmart but they said its fine. we just changed out the ecu and ignition for another one from a previous issue we thought we had. idk whats going on this just started yesterday. we did just change the main relay last month cuz it went bad too. it was running and cranking fine til now. any one got some ideas we can try to get this thing going again? im losing my mind. also my dash lights will come one at frst but turn they key and theyre gone. walmart charged my battery today too testing it we put it in every light was on til i turned the key n all it did was click and die
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,671 Posts
Sorry, I can't handle stream of consciousness.

· Registered
11,008 Posts
thinking it was the battery we took it back to walmart but they said its fine.
I dunno...

Sure sounds like the deep discharge caused by the brake light issue has killed the battery.

· Registered
64 Posts
1. Dead battery can have a shorted cell / unable to charge

2. Alternator could be dead. Fully recharging a dead battery stresses the alternator.

If you are getting all sorts of weird in your car, it’s likely the alternator. Auto electronics like 12 -14 volts and a problem battery + alternator has less than 12.

Battery should read 14.1 while the car is running. If it’s less than 13, Alternator isn’t charging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.