Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I just found about odyclub.com and have a question regarding the brake pads.
I have about 71,000 miles on it and when I went to the dealership for oil change, they told me I need to change the brake pads. What is the best brake pads for Honda Odyssey? and where can I purchase them? Any comments and suggestions will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
463 Posts
My vote is for OEM pads from the Honda dealer or online. They work great and you know they will fit. They are what I used on our 2004. No need to get any other brand, IMO. And, they are very easy to change (if you are experienced. Good luck. Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
And you should check the thickness of your rotors as well to see how worn down they are (you can judge somewhat from the thickness of the lip on the inner edge of the wear area). You may want to replace your rotors at the same time, and I'd go with OEM on this as well (lots of opinions out there on brake pad/rotor brands, do some searching). If you've got enough material there, you should at the very minimum scuff them up with coarse emery paper or get them turned.

Brake rotors are essentially standard maintenance items these days, not uncommon on a lot of the newer cars to replace brake pads+rotors at the same time in all cases.

I'm not sure how many shops will even turn rotors these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts