Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey with 68,000 miles this van is wife driven and been babied since new. I noticed a vibration sound coming from the front passenger side when driving on a semi bumpy road. As of late it has started to have a slight front wheel hop, not constant but becoming more numerous. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey with 68,000 miles this van is wife driven and been babied since new. I noticed a vibration sound coming from the front passenger side when driving on a semi bumpy road. As of late it has started to have a slight front wheel hop, not constant but becoming more numerous. Any suggestions ?

I have the same problem since 2 years ago, took it several times to Honda, Sears, Firestone and my friend that is a mechanic, none were able to pin point the issue, is very annoying because it happens when you pass where the concrete splits, then if you hit a bump it doesn't, very random. Am taking mine again with my friend, he is willing to go deep on this issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
@skibell
I've handled Firestone tires before, not with good results. One persistent problem that i've encountered is sidewall stiffness is not uniform. (These were the original tires installed on a new car). Balancing the tires did not help. There is apparently a machine that can blast the sidewalls to make them uniform -i've never seen one and don't know how close one is to you. I ended up replacing those tires. I don't buy any tires other than Michelin for my vehicles.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Michelin +1. I got the van with Yokohama's I think, they were blah. Replaced at some point with another name brand and had a thump that continued through the life of the tires worse when cold. The garage that put them on replaced 2 of them because of the thump and I replaced two rims, it never went away completely. Last spring I had the same garage put Michelin's on, quiet and no thump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts