Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife’s 2004 Odyssey windows roll down by themselves when the vehicle is unattended.

It’s obviously the same issue everybody has with the key fob and the unlock button, right!? WRONG.

the car had the battery replaced and the key fob does nothing. Side doors need to be manually pulled open, doors manually unlocked, etc.
We’ve noticed the past few weeks that the alarm will sound when nothing triggers it- are all these problems related? My three year old had to get driven to preschool with the window down this morning in 30*.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Do your windows roll up? If not, the window regulator probably broke or came disconnected. (Oh, cold ride to preschool- sounds like they're stuck open)
What issue with the key fob? Everybody has this issue? I don't have an issue with my remote key fob! :unsure: (How about a fresh battery in the remote?)
Lots of threads about alarm going off. And jumper the hood switch to silence it.
Sliding doors needing to be opened manually? Could be one of many issues. Such as the middle rollers broken and needing repair or replacement.
2004 middle windows? The windows on the sliding doors are fixed. Only the front windows go up & down, and the rear windows pop out. (and I want to say: the wheels on our van go round and round :ROFLMAO:)
I think these are separate problems. But if there's water on the carpet by the driver or passenger side by the kick panel, could be water infiltration from the roof seam causing electrical problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should elaborate- it’s not the double-tap of the unlock button on the key fob rolling the windows down accidentally.
The key fob doesn’t really do anything but that’s not the issue.
The windows just roll down by themselves when the car is off, but will eventually work again as they did last night.
I’m beginning to think it’s a motor issue and not electrical, but I wouldthink a worm out motor wouldn’t just open a window, let alone two.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Have you owned this vehicle for some time. Years?
How long has the key fob not been working?
If you don't have an Owner's Manual you can dl one for free at Owner's Manual | 2004 Honda Odyssey | Honda Owners Site
Pages 99-101 in that manual.
If you turn the main power window switch to OFF, that should PREVENT the passenger window from opening or closing. Only the Driver's Window will work.. Page 100
Was it ever in a good collision?
Have you checked the fuses for the sliding doors etc.
You could have faulty window control switch on the driver's armrest.
It is called the Master Power Window Control Panel. Any chance it got soaked in a rain or something else?
Did all these issues happen around the same time?
I don't believe that the 2004 Odyssey has any window control function with the key FOB, but not 100% sure.
Fuse layouts are on Pages 260,261.
Do you have an EX-L model with power sliding doors?
If so, Fuse #11 (30A) in the Primary under hood fuse box is for the Sliding Doors.
In the Secondary Fuse Box under the hood there is another fuse for the sliding doors. Fuse #11 (20A)
There are also two separate fuses in the Pass side interior fuse panel down low.for the two sliding doors.
Download the free owner's manual and take a look.
Was this vehicle ever in a flood, etc?
Buffalo4

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
My wife’s 2004 Odyssey windows roll down by themselves when the vehicle is unattended.

It’s obviously the same issue everybody has with the key fob and the unlock button, right!? WRONG.

the car had the battery replaced and the key fob does nothing. Side doors need to be manually pulled open, doors manually unlocked, etc.
We’ve noticed the past few weeks that the alarm will sound when nothing triggers it- are all these problems related? My three year old had to get driven to preschool with the window down this morning in 30*.

Any thoughts?
Curious, Is this a 2004 or a 2014? Reason is that i don't think a 2004 keyfob can roll the window down.
Buffalo4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts