Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've scoured the various threads and if this one's already been dealt with, my apologies! During a recent ice storm, I turned on the rear wipers on my wife's Odyssey - my fault for being impatient and not letting the rear defrost do its work well enough first. Anyway, the wiper moved about a third of the way and got stuck. Since that time, the wiper will reluctantly move, with gentle pressure, in both directions, but, left to its own devices, will stay stuck - it doesn't have enough power to move itself freely. If I gently work it enough, eventually, it will move freely/normally - until I shut the van off and we start again.
I removed the blade assembly (per this forum) and made sure there were no obvious issues. My supposition is that there's something inside the motor assembly and/or somewhere that I can't get at, that's obstructing things. It has power, so there's not a fuse issue. Maybe the motor's just tired and needs to be replaced, but I doubt it.

Open to suggestions! And, greatly appreciate the assistance.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Tighten the nut under the cover where the motor shaft connects the wiper. There is an updated nut that prevents the nut coming loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - and sorry if I'm being dim, but are you referring to the 10mm (I think) nut that holds the base of the wiper to the motor shaft, which allows you to take the wiper off, or something underneath the next cover? I've done the former, but can't figure out how to get the next cover off - or how to access anything from that point?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I am referring to the first nut you see under the cover. This can come loose and cause the rear wiper to stall or hesitate. Either tighten or install new updated flanged nut. This is the most common problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts