Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unlocked my Odyssey's driver side door and manually pushed the lock up to unlock all the doors. Instead, it locked all the locks. My key will not turn in any lock. I have groceries inside that I desperately need to unload. We never got a key fob with this car, so I don't have that as a solution. What do we need to do to get back into our van?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We broke in and all is well. Thank you all for your suggestions. Key has never worked in hatch door. After alarm went off for several minutes, our mechanic was able to make the key work. We're still not sure what happened and if it will happen again. Makes me very nervous! I was just lucky I'd picked up my phone instead of leaving it in the purse where it was.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
You should have a new key cut as a backup spare. Do you have any spare keys?
Perhaps buy a FOB. 2001-2004 Honda Odyssey 5-Button Key Fob Remote (OUCG8D-440H-A, 72147-S0X-A02)
No experience with the above link, Just giving an example.

Lubricate the door locks with a good lock lubricant.
Perhaps work on repairing the rear hatch lock. It maybe that the rod fell off the key lock. Not too hard to access. Use youtube vids.
If the hatch unlocks with the unlock on the doors, it will probably unlock with a FOB.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should have a new key cut as a backup spare. Do you have any spare keys?
Perhaps buy a FOB. 2001-2004 Honda Odyssey 5-Button Key Fob Remote (OUCG8D-440H-A, 72147-S0X-A02)
No experience with the above link, Just giving an example.

Lubricate the door locks with a good lock lubricant.
Perhaps work on repairing the rear hatch lock. It maybe that the rod fell off the key lock. Not too hard to access. Use youtube vids.
If the hatch unlocks with the unlock on the doors, it will probably unlock with a FOB.
Buffalo4
Thank you! That looks like a very helpful link!

·
Registered
2011 Odyssey LX, 120k miles
1,921 Posts
Also, on the key not working in the hatch key cylinder, that's what should happen if you're using a valet key.

The valet key will work in the ignition and driver's door, but not on the hatch and glove box. Kind of weird that they make it not work on the hatch, since it's not like you can't access everything once you're inside, including unlocking the hatch electronically ... but that's how it was on my '99 EX at least.

On that car, the regular keys had a black plastic head, and the valet keys had a gray plastic head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a black plastic head. Thanks. Good idea. I think the hatch doesn't work because we live on a dirt road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts