Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change my rear brake pads. There are 4 in the box. But when I removed the calipers there only 1 pad on each caliper. Where do the other 2 pads go?

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
There should be one on each side of the brake disk, or 2 per disk for a total of 4.

See the attachment (from p. 19-26 of my Helm manual).

OF

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
ninegrown, I sense from your question that this might be your first brake job? If so, are you going to have someone with experience help you? You know, these brake things are a little more important that some other DIY projects. Just wondering. Tom

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
0dyfamily said:
There should be one on each side of the brake disk, or 2 per disk for a total of 4.

See the attachment (from p. 19-26 of my Helm manual).

OF
The shims in that picture. they were changed by service bulletin 04-019 for the clunk noise when putting in reverse. It now has four shims.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
ninegrown said:
I am trying to change my rear brake pads. There are 4 in the box. But when I removed the calipers there only 1 pad on each caliper. Where do the other 2 pads go?
WW, he was asking about the pads, so I thought I'd post a pic to show the overall scheme.

Did not know about the shim count, though. Now that I read your post, I'd believe that the OP must be talking about that. I'm over 102,000 miles, and my pads are still within their service limit (will change them at 105,000 miles with the timing belt and other items), so I haven't even seen the shims yet.

OF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts